Saturday, August 15, 2009

First Letter















HOLA!!
So wow this is crazy I'm a missionary it's been a week and two days!!! It's pretty great here my companion's name is Elder Robinson he is from Oregon and is a pretty good guy. He seemed pretty serious at first but he has lightened up a lot so it's been good. It's really been hard getting used to always having to bring your companion with you everywhere like how they have to stand outside the bathroom and all haha.... so the first three days here were really long because they were full of meetings and not that the meetings were boring but they were just LONG hahaha. The food is better than I expected so that's been a plus but it's nuts cuz you can have as much as you want but don't worry i have self control for the most part:) There are 2 other elders that live with my comp and I and one of them i really get along with really well his name is Elder Hardman he is from cali and the other is from draper utah. Ok so im sure everybody is wondering how the spanish is coming and it's ok i can pray and bear my testimony for the most part. But it's pretty hard but i know that if i study and do my part that the lord will do his part in just like in a fireside we had on Tuesday and Elder Snow from the seventy said "He will help me help him" The spirit is so strong here it truly is amazing, the spirit touches me it's just great and very powerful. There is this thing called dearelder.com you can submit a letter and all you need is my mission and when I came into the MTC (Aug. 5th) and I think thats it. I just want to ask for your prayers and letters cuz I need all the help I can get, hope everything is going well for everyone and hope to hear from all of you. Love you all very much. LOVE Elder Nichols

1 comment:

  1. Well I feel honored to post the first comment on Garrett's mission blog!!! Hey bro I am truly proud of you!!! I know I dont go to church as it is my choice but I know what your doing is good. Just remember the advice I gave you when you left. I Love you bro and good luck on the spanish I am gonna really try to get fluent by the time you get back alright!!! Hold me to that
    Love Ya and Good Luck
    Darren

    ReplyDelete