Tuesday, November 17, 2009

HOLA

Hey family!!!


So I am sorry about not emailing all of you last week the comp I was using was weird and the time n my card was running out and it was just a huge mess. So some cool stuff happened this week but on Friday we had interviews with the mission president and that was good. And I was made AP haha jk. But The ap´s committed me to doing 10 contacts a day all my myself which has gone pretty good. My spanish is improving a little. But we found like 9 new investigators this week and they are all legit.
And also on friday we were trying to see if this lady was home who we had visited a while back but she wasn't home, so I had the idea to try this other house on the street who this lady said we could come by and teach her sometime, so I thought why not. So we went over there and this guy comes out and he said yeah can I help you and we said is so and so here, and he said what's it to you, and we told him the lady said we could come by, and he said let me check. He came back out and we went into the house. This lesson was so great the old mans name is Nano, and he was asking tons of questions, but they were negative and they progressively got better. It´s hard to explain over email but at one point in the lesson I bore my testimony about Joseph Smith and how the only way to know if the words we were saying were true is from the spirit and not from us, and how you have to pray and ask God if it´s true. And then I gave an an analogy, about how it´s like when his daughter has a question to ask him for ask advice it´s the same thing with our Father in Heaven. And I said all of that in spanish some how. It was amazing how strong the spirit was. I felt so much joy like an excitement of joy. The family committed to pray and ask if the message is true and we told them that they have to listen to the spirit. We have an appt. with them this Friday I am excited.

Then on saturday we walked into a evangelical church and started preaching. Actually we didn't, but we went in there for this girl who we just baptized her nephew. It was pretty different. They sing so much and they all yell during when people pray and such. It was just weird. Its sad to see how satan has blinded so many of Gods children and how the pastor of that church has no authority. It´s sad, it truly is. Then on Sunday I gave my first talk in church only 20 people were there but we did bring 4 investigators there so that was great. We are really trying to improve how many people we bring to church. But my talk went alright it was on keeping the sabbath day holy and the branch presidents son speaks english kinda but after he told me that he understood everything I was saying. So that was good.

So today was really sweet because one it´s p day and 2 we played dodgeball with out zone it was sweet. It was way funny because people asked me if I had played a lot before my mission and I laughed and said nope. I played really well today it was cool. Anyways things are going pretty well if I hadn't mentioned the milk here is way gross and so for breakfast I eat frosted flakes and put yogurt in it with bananas. So i am going to send my address in another email with the pictures I send. But I love you all and miss you all so much, take care.

Love Elder Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment