Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May 17, 2010

Hey everybody!!!!!

SO this week was pretty good we found a lot of good people and I was really excited about that. We found a really cool girl who wanted to ask God if her baptism was valid when she was a baby and that if she needs to get baptized again. The spirit was so strong in this lesson and it´s really cool when you talk in spanish and the words just kinda come out and you don't have to think about what your saying and you can express your heart about the gospel and bear your testimony. We have an appointment with her tomorrow so that was really cool experience. Also when I was on a mini cambio with another elder from Peru he came to my sector and I was scared because my sector is huge and I don't know it that well but I had a map so I was ok but still a little lost. But the end of the night we had this lesson with this family and the two daughters are members and the parents aren't, and they aren't married so that's the situation. We taught them baptism the last time but the dad wasn't there but this time he was and it was just those 4. So we taught the Restoration and how the church was restored on the earth and such. Now we were teaching this lesson and as we finished the dad said how he had had a really bad day and how he felt much better after listing to us he had just lost his brother and he was feeling kinda down and he said how we are instruments in Gods hands that were sent here. And before that I had talked about praying and asking God and such to receive an answer. They said they wouldn't because they didn't want to be obligated to a church and such. Then I said it´s not to a church it´s to God. But I told him that I cold relate with him how he feels and about eternal families and about a baptism. Then my comp stared talking and it just hurt me that they wouldn't pray and ask God and the mom asked me if I was ok, and from there I was really bold in a really loving way, and gave them my heart and expressed everything I had to them and how I know this is true with everything I have, and I want that happiness for them also and the spirit was so strong. It just hurt me inside, just straight up pain that they were to stubborn not to ask God.

Now after having that experience I think about how Jesus felt when people rejected him face to face. But Hey everybody has there agency and sometimes it really hurts because I know they felt the truth of this message.

Love Elder Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment