Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 15, 2010

Hey Everybody whats up?
This past week was pretty incredible. I say that for many reasons. Number one is that we went back to the family that was offended to see if we could resurrect them. We brought a member with us who is a convert from the Catholic church and a returned missionary. He told his conversion story to them and how he was offended his first Sunday also but before he came to church he prayed and received an answer. He left the church early and went home crying because some of the boys in his class were mean to him and so he left. He told himself that he was never going to come back to church, which is exactly what Fabian said to us who is the dad of this family. But the member we brought told them that he went and prayed that night because he couldn't deny the feelings he felt when he prayed the first time. So he prayed again to ask if the church was true again and he felt the same way that he did the first time. As he was telling his story the spirit was really strong and it was really great. At the end they said that they just need to pray and truly ask God. The next day we had a family home evening with them and my comp from Ecuador made fried bananas. Then we watched a movie about this guy from Italy who found a Book of Mormon without a cover. He was a catholic priest or something like that and was converted and by the end of his life he got baptized. They really liked it. They couldn't come to church because they had a family ting on Sunday but I am sure they will come next Sunday.
Also another interesting experience that happened was on Friday we contacted this lady and she gave us her direction to her house. We went there on Saturday and it was her mother in laws house. So we started to teach her and this lady just rubbed me the wrong way. She was just being so jokey and just not taking serious what we were saying. I was just getting really angry with her. I had to constrain myself from talking because she was just making me so mad. But before we started teaching she gave us the direction to her daughter in laws house. So we went to go find it which was on the other side of our area. So we got there and she wasn't home. So one of my comp started contacting a door. A lady came out and my comp really didn´t say anything at all as the lady told us to come in. I was a little worried because it was so easy. So we get in there and sit down and the lady just starts crying and just crying. It´s hard to understand in english when people are crying and talking and in spanish it´s even harder. She was telling us that she has had so many trials in her life and why did she have to suffer so much. She told us that her brother was starting to get papers to take the right of the house away that was her dads and that her dad died in September and she was really close to her dad. She was crying to the point to where it´s hard to breath normal. For the first couple minutes all we could do was just sit there and listen to her. We talked about the atonement and how Jesus suffered for her and understand her. We shared a scripture with her in Alma 7. I started talking to her and letting her know that we don't always understand our trials that we have but God does and knows us and what is good for us. I also told her about my parents and my grandpa and how they all died. After that she told me so you know how I feel and understand me. I then told her that she needed Christ in her life and needs to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. And she accepted the invitation. Now I don't know if we will see her again because she is only here on the weekends but we have an return appointment for next week. That experience really hit me strong and it makes me think how many people are suffering out there in the world without this message. Now obviously people still suffer that are in the church but they suffer with patience and happiness and not alone.
Well as to me I am doing alright just trying to find more love of Christ because lately it´s been rough to find it for some people but it´s a work in progress. I hope all of you are doing good. take care.
Love Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment