Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 8, 2010

Wow what a long crazy week of changes it has been. So for all of those of you who don't know I am in a trio now and it´s kinds weird but oh well I have a latin comp so that is good and now we have like a bunch of people to teach. But wow where do I start. So we had the family home evening with Ingrid and her boyfriend and this other lady we are teaching and her husband and I made the Blt´s and they loved them. It was very fun to do that and something different. We read the proclamation to the world to them about the family and what is a family and about eternal marriage and I bore my testimony to them about the importance of it and with my parents and all and Ingred started crying a little. They know that they have to get married but Ingred is just scared because her parents split up when she was younger so it is kinda hard for her. We put a date with them so for the 6th of December to get married. We told them to pray together and to ask God if they need to get married. They said they would. The next appointment we had with them we were late because we were teaching this really intense lesson to this really Catholic family who are MARRIED but we testified with power and boldness. We finally got them to agree to go to church because my comp told these people he used to be a Jehovah witness and told them his story. It was powerful and it worked. So we showed up on Sunday to go to there house and take them to church. It was fast Sunday. So I thought ok well this could be good or really bad. And everything was going great until this lady who is new in the church and doesn't know that much went up and started talking about how worshiping saints is bad and anyone who does that is following the devil. This family was sitting in the front row. I could not believe what I was hearing. They were offended and they have a niece who is a member and she went and talked to them and said how she is new in the church and how we respect all religions. We are going to watch the video with them about between heaven and earth where all the pastors and Jewish rabbis and men talk. But I basically felt like somebody just recked my sand castle just after finishing it.
So with Ingred the mission president and his wife came and met Luis and her and they talked and made really good friends. It was really cool but kinda weird at the same time. They asked them when they were getting married it was funny.
Well I gotta go, but things are going good and I just need all the prayers for our sector because there are lots of possibilities but just need lots of extra help. Take care.
Love Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment