Friday, October 16, 2009

I made it!!!

Well family I did have a really long letter that I had typed out but LDS mail decided to erase it while I was still in the process of typing it, so here is the summed up version.

My comp is from Richmond Virgin. I am in a town of about 1000 it´s called Dichato, it´s right on the coast. My comp is all right, he speaks Spanish really well. This is one of the poorest places in my mission most of the people here have nothing and it´s very humbling. The people here have been pretty patient with my Spanish, my grammar is not correct but I know they can understand for the most part what I am trying to say, but the problem is that I can understand what they are saying. They all speak so fast it´s crazy. Where we live it´s pretty nice for the most part. But we have a hot water heater that we have to light when we want to take a shower, and the shower floor is nasty it needs a good deep cleaning haha. But Anywho I got here on Tuesday and the flight was so long it was nuts. But when I got to the city we got right to work. We taught a guy on the beach, that was cool, also later that night we were teaching this woman and her step daughter and she had a little boy and the baby pulled her shirt down and lets just say I saw more than I probably should have. Then later that night when my comp and I were visiting an investigators family the family liked my tie and he said I had to give it to them to have because if they like it you have to give it to them. So I started to pull it off and them my comp just started laughing and said he was just messing with me. It was funny.

Also there are so many dogs here that belong to nobody and they are EVERYWHERE it´s nuts. Also Chile won the qualifying game for the world cup on sat night so it was CRAZY here. People were in their cars and yelling and waiving flags and honking and it was pretty fun. I just hope they don't get out soon.

The food here is pretty good, my first meal was way good they call it longinisa it´s a sausage thing and then it was wrapped in chicken and then had mashed potatoes in it, it was way good.
So I had to bear my testimony in church on Sunday which it´s a small branch of like 30 but there are like 200 something on the chart but only like 16 came on Sunday. I introduced myself and I told everybody that I had grandchildren when I was trying to say nieces and nephews, I couldn't remember the word for it and the branch president told me the wrong word as a joke, everybody looked kinda confused but yeah good times. As I started to bear my testimony the spirit hit me so strongly like never before and I just started to cry it was interesting and talk about my love for my Savior. Anyways I really wanna say more but I have to go. I love you all so much and hope to hear from you all. Everybody please email me if you have time.
Love Elder Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment