Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 2

HOLA



So I have been here for 2 weeks now I can`t believe it. Things are going pretty well here. The only problem is that the members don’t help us at all and it`s so hard without there help. We have a lady in the ward who is pretty old who just tells gossip about everyone and that makes people not want to come to church so it`s kinda frustrating. But anyways we are probably going to have a baptism this Sunday with this girl Denise she is 17 so that will be really great. The other night we were standing in the street contacting people and my comp was like, ok elder your going to go contact the next person all by yourself and I was so scared but I finally got the guts to do it, and it was some semi drunk guy, and I really didn’t make much sense with what I said but my comp jumped in and made it make sense. But we set up an appointment and usually 1 out of every 30 people who you set an appointment with are actually there when you show up. But we went over there and he was waiting there and had a little book we gave him in his hand. So we taught him and it was cool. In lessons I don’t say much but I say what I do know. I still can’t understand really anything people are saying it’s so hard. They talk so fast and I can never say what I want to say. But it’s pretty nuts here because our mission president wants us to commit people to baptism on the first lesson and even in contacts in the street. It seems like things are so focused on numbers here. My gets all number happy but it`s all good. We are also teaching this guy Juan who is ready for baptism but I guess he has some problem so he can't yet but it is fixable so if you could pray for him that would be great. I don’t know what it is but that’s just what our district leader told us from the interview.


So I ate something really nasty I had to eat prunes and they were huge and I also had to drink the prune juice. It was so disgusting. Also we ate some soy meat this week and we ate it twice, it was ok but twice in the same week with out eating real meat, kind of sad. But I did eat something really good called a tirasco. (Picture below)


My comp is miss Betty Crocker, he made some way good cinnamon rolls and then last night made some sugar cookies that were amazing!!! We made burgers the other day for lunch it was way good. This investigator made us some home made bread the other day and wow it was so good and so with that I fried an egg and had an egg sandwich. But that’s the updates with food.


So like a week ago my comp and I had to make a trip to where he got robbed in one of the other cities and I got to go to the prison it was great fun, kinda scary, but fun because we got to wear our p-day clothes and it wasn't Monday. I love you all so much and I will have some good stories to come I hope. One person said my Spanish has gotten better so that was good to hear, but I love everyone so much.

LOVE ELDER Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment