Tuesday, September 7, 2010

August 30, 2010








Hey Everybody,
Wow today was wet. this morning we all went and played volleyball in the rain in the back of the church with the poles we have. We played in a soccer court. But wow it was wet and especially since it didn't start raining until after we left the house so we didn't bring any rain gear. but hey it´s all good it was pretty fun anyways. Then we went and bought some food to make lunch because we didn't have much money so we bought some rice and little sausages and some bread and some eggs and cooked that all up. The elder from Columbia cooked the rice and he kinda screwed it up a little bit but it was still an interesting meal to say the least but in the end it was good because I was hungry.
So this week was pretty good. When the Lord puts trials in front of us he always has to bless us after. We were doing contacts on wednesday and we yelled from the gate, because thats what you do here, and the lady opened her window and I started to talk to her and buses kept driving by so I asked if she could come to the gate to talk to us. She let us in to her house and we started talking with her and getting to know her a little and she said she was catholic, but really didn't know what she believed in, almost like most catholics. Anywho she is very humble and very sweet and it was cool because she said asked us what she needed to do to go to church and how could she feel better. It was amazing and she doesn't know to much about who God is or Jesus Christ. So we have gone back twice now and we gave her a Book of Mormon and I hope she will read it. Her name is Nora. The next day we were doing contacts in this area and knocked on the door and a man came out and he said that he was busy but we could come back the next day around the same time and tons of people say that so I really didn't think much of it. So the next day my comp and I started walking somewhere after an appt and I was like, where we going, and he said to Jores house and I had no clue who he was. So we get there and we go into his house which was way cool. We start talking and he tells us he is catholic. So we ended up teaching him about the restoration and he was understanding so well. Better than almost anyone I have ever taught. After we got done talking about the apostasy he asked us,´¨ so when is God going to restore the power and his church¨ . That question was AWESOME so I went right into telling him about Joseph Smith and the story and he liked it a lot. He believes it is true and so we put a date with him to be baptized. He has an 8 year old daughter and a wife and so I am way excited. And he seemed so real about it. So we asked him when we could come back and he walks over to his calender and was going through his schedule out loud and said that monday would work. So thats today we taught him on friday. So I am really excited to teach him and he said his wife will be home also.
Well I gotta go so we can to the the appt on time but I love you all and hope you like the pictures. Some are just random and others are from an activity where we made a Chilean hot dogs they are called completos. And another day we ordered pizza and that is the sub from last week I was talking about. One of the pics with me and my comp and a Columbian is the celebration of my 1 YEAR mark.
Love Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment