Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010

Hey everyone

One of the hardest things to do in the mission is to let go of people you are teaching. It´s hard because you care about them and you want to see them progress because you know that this is what they need. But people have their agency and you can't force anything on anyone because that is not in Gods plan. That has happened to a lot of the people we are teaching and so we are finding new people but then when we go back and they don't want to listen anymore. If people could just open their heart and be open minded and listen with true intent it would make the world of difference. sorry for venting a little, it´s just really frustrating sometimes. Don't get me wrong I love being here and teaching people but sometimes it´s just kinda hard because people like to follow Jesus in their own way not in the way that he wants us to follow him.

Well this week my comp was sick and had a bad cough and a little fever. He asked me to give him a blessing of health, the other elder did the first part and I gave the blessing. For those of you who have never given a blessing it is really special, it truly is. My comp asked me if I wanted to do it in english and I said no because i don't know how to start it in english. Anyways I want to bear witness that the power of the priesthood is real and that it´not something that we just talk about but that it truly has power. The spirit truly does guide it, and the words just come.

I was a little sick this week but I'm ok nothing too bad just a runny nose. The weather here is really nice lately so that has been really great. One of the elders we live with is from Columbia so he had to go to Santiago last monday for his visa. So he went to subway for us and bought us some. I have a pictures of it that I want to send next week they are really sweet haha. Well Juan still needs to get baptized so if you could all keep `praying for him that would be great. Take care everyone.


Love Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment