Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010

Hey everybody,

I am not going to write much today, but I will tell you all that I was very happy yesterday. But here is why. There is this lady named Gioconda and she was always depressed and so sad because she didn´t have work and never wanted to come to church because she was scared and had to find work and was very depressed. My comp and I when I first got here found her and it´s been about like 4 months and never made much progress. We went over there the other night and she told us that she found work and she was smiling and happy and just a different person. We taught her a quick lesson but it was really good and invited her to church. Ill admit she was really scared but knew she had to at least go and try it. We told her we would come pick her up in a taxi in the morning and she agreed. So we came there the next morning and she was up and ready to go. I was so happy I just felt just complete joy. Also NORA came to church with a member who went and got her and she stayed for all 3 hours and loved it. Gioconda could only stay for the first hour but she told us she would stay longer the next week. She really liked it.

I know that miracles exist and that they are real and that this is Gods church and he leads and guides it through the prophet who is on the earth because God is the same yesterday today and forever and never changes. Nora is really excited for her baptism for the 26th so hopefully that all goes through according to plan. I love this gospel and I know it´s true and I know that God has his plan for us and the only way we can return to live with him is if we do exactly what he says and we cant have our own beliefs on how to do things in this life and say God accepts me for who I am and my choices even if it is in contrary to what he said. If that is how our thinking is then it´s wrong, because what was the point of God sending his son? Anways I love you all and hope and pray that you all can make good choices and follow Christ in your life and listen to the prophets because they are Gods mouth piece.


Love Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment