Wednesday, October 13, 2010

September 20, 2010

Life is pretty funny sometimes. Especially on the mission when things happen and there is nothing you can do about it. For example like a month ago we were eating lunch at this old ladys house and she was giving us fruit and I was reaching for a bananas and someone took it and I was like shoot I wanted a banana but I wasn't sad or anything. So she took that as oh, he is unhappy and wants a banana, but I was just fine and so she went out and bought me a banana. The funniest part of the story is that it was on Sunday and we tried to stop her from going but she wouldn´t. So I felt kinda bad, but it was kinda funny. Then we ate there yesterday for lunch and this week in Chile has been there Independence week and they always eat empanadas and all sorts of stuff and BBQ and what not. I was expecting to eat a bunch of empananads on the 18 because that is the real day of their independence. But I didn't eat any on Saturday, the same lady asked me if I ate lots of empanadas that day and I said no and just kinda went off a little bit about it, but I was just messing around. I figured that it would be ok because everything is usually closed and you cant buy anything on Sunday because of the holiday. But she told me she would make me some before I leave the area I am in and I was cool with that. She goes back into the kitchen and then we hear this door open and we hear her leave and then about 2 minutes later she comes back in and we hear the microwave going. She comes back in the room and I was like ¨ Where did you go?" She was ignoring the question and long story short she bought the empanadas. I am not going to lie they were pretty good but I was still kinda mad at her. This is an active member she just loves to make the missionaries happy and will do anything to do that. We all got a good laugh about that.


So this week I was on mini changes 2 different times out of my area so I wasn't here to much. But anyways Nora got an interview and she needs another one with the mission prez so I hope she can pass it and everything will be ok. Gioconda didn't come to church this week neither did Nora. It was a holiday week this week here they had their independence on 18. My investigators are like a roller coaster always up and down. Juan has not come to church in like a month we taught him like a week ago but I don't know what his problem is, he told us he would read the whole book of Mormon this past week, I hope that he did it. It´s almost like having kids and trying to direct them in the right path because you know whats right and you have walked the path yourself. So we have another really cool lady we are teaching but she hasn't come to Church yet but I really hope she will because her life is really hard right now. Other than that I am just here in Chile trying to fight the good fight and Satan is pulling out some big weapons and not just here in Chile but on some people that are close to me and all we can do is just fight it off with prayer and with reading the Book of Mormon, but not just reading it but really studying it. I say the Book of Mormon because it´s the only book that Jesus Christ himself has testified is 100% true. I hope all of you are reading and doing your best to fight off Satan and his temptations.

Love Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment