Saturday, September 12, 2009

1 month

This past week was my 1 MONTH mark pretty crazy I have been here for 4 weeks it's crazy how it flew by!! I have about 5 weeks left it seems like long time but the days and weeks just fly by and they all just blur together it's crazy. When I sit down each night to write in my journal I seriously cant think of anything we did that day it's really weird. So way funny story so on like monday my comp and I were coming back from gym and the door was locked and the other two elders that live in the room were on their way back, but we were waiting to get into the room to shower and we never lock the door but this time we did and I was freaking out about it so they finally came and unlocked the door and then we went to go take showers, and when we came back to the room the door was locked and we were all just in our towels and I just started laughing cuz it was so funny. So our district leader had to go to the front desk and which made it that much funnier cuz he was way mad about it HAHA we have some pics I might send them later.
We got a new teacher this week he name is hermana bott she is really great and I think she will be able to push me a lot. We taught a mini practice first lesson in spanish this past week it was really hard and but it just made me realize how much more I need to study but it also made me feel kinda good to know that I did that. But later we did it by ourselves without our comps I got really down because it was much harder. I am trying to stay positive and be mentally tough and know that I need faith and trust in the Lord. It amazing how much better I can understand the scriptures now it's really cool. I was studying about Gods love for us and how he works and some just some new incite I got when I was reading. Also this past week we had some really good devotionals the one on tuesday was about ancestors and where the conversion story started and it was really great, something that hit me strong was when of the speakers said that we are here to get the 2nd group of people in the sea with the net of the gospel. It made me think of all the people waiting in Chile and waiting for me to come and teach them this gospel and have the spirit testify to them. I have such a strong love for the people in Chile and I am not even there yet. It doesnt make much sence.
I hope everyone is doing great and I am so greatful for this gospel and I know that this is where I am supposed to be and may the Lord bless all of you and know that I pray for all of you everynight.
Love elder nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment