Friday, September 18, 2009

2 weeks and a couple of days

Hola,


It's crazy to think that all I have left is about 2 weeks and a couple days!!! The time flies bye here it seems like just yesterday I was getting dropped off. But I head for Chile on the 5th of October!!! I don't feel ready at all, and when I say at all, I mean at all.

Anywho this past week Elder Holland was here it was Amazing!! He talked about how as missionaries we need to open our mouths and how preach my gospel was not made to convert the investigator but to convert the missionary. But also how important it is to teach to the needs of the investigator. But what really stood out to me was when he started to talk about how hard the mission will be and how much it will change our lives. He started to talk about how us being servants of the Lord and how we will never get this opportunity back and to have this apostolic power as Elder Holland does. But as being a servant of the Lord we will feel as the Savior felt in a degree as he was laughed at and mocked and the pain he felt in Gethsemane. We will feel that pain a little and bear that cross upon us. That hit me so strongly and I want this mission to be hard, and it already had been such as on monday when I almost lost it because spanish was getting to me and I just wanted to cry. But it's times like those that help me grow and change me. But this week we are teaching the El plan De salvation on monday so everybody pray for me please that I will do ok.

Anywho on wednesday I got to be a host for new missionaries and and that was way fun.
Well I really don't have much else to say but I hope all is going well for everybody and I miss you all and love you all so much.

Love Elder Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment