Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hello

Hola como esta!!!

On sunday was testimony meeting and it was so powerful the spirit was so strong and it was just great. The spirit testified to me why I came on a mission and that I truly do know this church is true. I was pretty emotional but it was good and I really needed to feel the spirit. That night we had a fireside about how we as missionaries need to go the extra mile with our investigators and how important to let them know that we care about them. Because thats truly what is about is teaching to their needs and following the spirit. Then on tuesday night we had another fireside with elder hinkley from the seventy and he talked about lots of things but mainly I got out was that without faith that this work would be nothing and that as missionaries we cant just do it over night and become a perfect missionary and it gave me a lot of strength with learning spanish it was good to hear. A really cool experience I had was in the RC aka referral center and I was chatting with this less active member and he had not gone to church in a long time and thought God forgot about him and just felt bad. So I told him that he should go back to church and how blessed he will be for going back to church and that he should pray and talk withGod and feel His love for him. I could feel Gods love for him so strongly and I told him that I said God loves you so much and wants to bless you and he will. I committed him and he said he would pray. I felt so good and so much joy knowing that I helped him. Also this week was the first time my comp and I taught in spanish and wow it was way hard. It was a challenge and and we have been teaching more in spanish this past week but I feel like I don't know as much as I should but I just gotta have faith and trust in the Lord. I just have to stay positive and know that I can do this and I know I can it's just this in between part that is hard right now.

Today we went to the temple and I had a really great experience and felt the spirit really strong about something I was praying about and I know the Lord hears and answers my prayers. The Savior truly knows us and knows what were going through I know that is true. I hope everybody is doing well and I love you all so much I will try and send some pics by next week or something.
Love Elder Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment