Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 25, 2010

Hola well this week as all of you know I am in a new sector called Curico. It is so huge and it´s really pretty. I am in a ward now we have like 90 people that were in the church last Sunday. The chapel we are in is kinda ghetto, it´s really small. But the people are really great. The house we live in is like the best in the mission it has 2 bathrooms and 2 storys. My companion is named Elder Yeakley he is from Boise he is a funny kid. So something really cool happened this week. We first started to do contact just knocking doors and this was on Wednesday, I think, maybe Tuesday. Anyways this woman came out and we started talking and my comp asked if we could come in and she said yes. So we went in there and got to know her a bit and she works with special needs kids and I told her about Gabe and that was cool to have that connection. So eventually we got talking about baptism and what we need to do to get cleaned of our sins. She was very receptive and is very smart. So my companion invited her to be baptised and she said well if I receive an answer then of course I will. During the end of the lesson I testified to her about the importance of families to her for some weird reason because she has a child and what not. At the end of the lesson we asked her to say the prayer and she didn't want to so I just said it. I didn't think much about it after that, but the next appt my district leader and my comp went back there and she said that I just gave the prayer in a special way and she just felt like the spirit of God was in her house and just felt so good. That made me feel so good when I heard that. They taught her the restoration and she loved it and when they talked about the restoration of the apostasy she just gasped almost and she said she got this feeling inside her like a burning inside her. They told her that was the holy ghost telling you this is true. Also they gave her a Book of Mormon and she was about to buy a book to start reading and she didn't because they were expensive so now she has the best book ever to read. Also something that is ironic is that she lives with her partner and I asked them if they had been thinking about marriage and she said yes, they want to do it this year they have been together for 10 years. The Ironic part is that she came to a baptism of the other missionaries because she couldn't come to church and her best friend is being taught by the other elders that we live with and is really close to baptism. Everything has just been a little miracle and been really cool. We just gotta get them married so she can get baptised. Her name is Ingred by the way for those of you who wanted to know haha.
So I am really grateful to be here and I know this church is true and I love seeing the hand of the Lord in this work because it really shows that this gospel is true. Take care all of you and hope your week is great.
Love Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment