Saturday, March 6, 2010

February 10, 2010

Wow can you believe I have 6 months out in the mission and have been in Chile for 4 months. It´s pretty hard to believe. These past three weeks have just seemed to have flown by so fast. It´s weird when your working hard and time just goes. In these past three weeks my comp and I have really got the Vinson to baptize and invite people to enter the Waters. It´s amazing how happy this gospel can make you and trying to help peoples lives change for the better, but it´s hard when they don't see it like that. For example this past Saturday, the weather was horrible and the rain was coming down like crazy, my comp is from Seattle so the rain doesn´t bother him, so we were walking down the street with our jackets on without hoods and and just had the biggest smiles on our faces and I started waiving at everybody that was driving by in their cars it was so fun. My comp and I started singing it was fun. We then had an app with some Adventist's 7th day that was pretty interesting and we taught them the restoration. It was interesting to hear how their church was formed. But after that we went to some scheduled apt and they fell through and it sucked. But my comp and I still were up beat and had good attitudes and we started knocking doors and were acting all excited as we were teaching people and it totally makes a difference on the energy. I told some people that if this wasn't true I would defiantly not be here in the poring rain learning a new language that I can barley speak and understand. But we got into 3 houses and found some new investigators. I know that the Lord blesses us when we work hard and especially when we don't want to.

We had this lesson with this manos activo the other day and he had been in an accident before he got baptized and it is hard for him now to talk fast and do the same things he did before and he said how nobody understands how he feels and why did this happen to him. I felt impressed to tell him about my parents and how we don't always know why things happen but that God has a plan for us and we don't always understand why but it´s to help us grow in this life. It felt so good to kinda relate with him and just speak from the heart. We were sitting in another lesson with an investigator and I was able to say some things and truly mean it as I would in English and it was a great feeling to feel the spirit so strong. Well everybody I gotta go but I hope everybody has a good week and I hope to hear from you all in email or snail mail.

Love Elder Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment