Saturday, March 6, 2010

February 15, 2010

Hey everyone so here another week has flown by faster than ever, but this week was a chain full of events that kinda was a little rough, but hey thats what missions are right!!!
Lets see here where do I begin. First on Tuesday we went to one of our investigators houses and her daughter who is 11 answered the door she said her mom was busy and that she couldn't come to the door so we told her to go ask her mom when we could come back and so we waited and she came back and said that her mom said if she lets us teach her again then her dad will hit her mom. Now that made me sick, first off that a mom would have to tell her daughter that, and secondly because she was way good and was a good possibility of getting baptized. So then the next day we went by this other investigator and she has a little girl who is 9 and way good we had taught them twice. The first lesson we teach is always lesson 3 which is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is about baptism and we invite them the very first lesson to get baptized and set a date. We do this because our mission president told us to do so and so we are obedient to what he says. But she accepted the date and everything and then we went back and taught her lesson 1 which is the restoration and gave her a book of Mormon. Things were going great until we go back there and then she told us that her husband didn't want us teaching her. But we found out later from some people that are friends with her is that the real reason is that we talked about baptism too much so she dropped us. The sad part is that if she never gets baptized she will never get a remission of her sins.
It broke my heart this week to have that happen twice in the same week but there is more. So then there was a bunch of water coming out from our house going into the road from under the ground so my comp went and turned off the water valve and then we left. Then later that night when we returned to the house he went to go turn it back on and he stepped on the PVC water pipe that was angled on a rock and it snapped. So we tried fixing it and it didn't work. So we were not able to shower on sunday but our branch presidents son came over when he gave us a ride home and helped us fix it for the day. But today my comp and I fixed it so it´s all good except for the water leaking out of the ground when we flush the toilet. Some manos activo in Dichato built the house so we are going to go talk with him tonight thats what our land lady said for us to do. So yeah good times here in Chile also during the whole week we only got into six houses and the rest of the time we knocked doors.

But somehow I'm still happy and my comp and I have just been laughing about all this stuff that has been happening and how no investigators have come to church this past sunday. We did find a middle aged man and taught him lesson 3 in his door but was really receptive to everything so maybe that will turn into something good. I just know that the Lord is testing us and satan wants us to give up and not work hard but this past week I have never worked so hard on my mision. We worked when we didn't want to and just kept at it.
I would like to thank my uncle Gary right now for teaching me how to work at a young age for times like these when I didn't feel like working at all but I know we needed to. It will be really different when I get transferred into an area where there are members and a ward and more that 8 people at church. But I I know that if I can get through this rough time on my mission right now there is no rough thing I can´t get through. The Lord works in many mysterious ways and ways we don't always understand. I have truly learned that here. The Lord knows us and our thoughts and feelings and heartaches and trials. But the real test is what we make of it while in these trials and how we deal with it and the people we become after. I dont know if that even makes sense, but I don't want it to make it sound like I'm preaching and I know I'm only 19 almost 20, and still have a lot to learn, but I know my savior lives and that he loves us. Well I gotta go take care everyone.


Love Elder Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment