Saturday, March 6, 2010

January 25, 2010

So wow this week flew by but it was tough and long and hot. Its been pretty rough here in Dichato. This other experience we had this week that I don’t think I will ever forget. So we had this appt with this man who we had kinda talked with a little the past couple days and he wanted to know who Joseph Smith was and what the purpose of life is. So he first asked us when Joseph Smith was born and basically a bio on him. But we were teaching him and tell him about the story of Joseph Smith and in the middle of the first vision as my comp was saying it he interrupted him and said are you reading it from a computer? And then he said no it´s in his words and then he finished it. Then right after he said, why didn’t this happen in Africa or why didn’t this happen somewhere else, why the USA? And then we said we don’t know and he just kept saying all these remarks that were so hard to hear and the conversation just was escalating and he was saying how we can't really know that this happened and we can't really know which church is true and that there not all the same. My comp started to bear his testimony and the guy denied his testimony, and at that point I had so much fire burning inside and passion for this mans soul and we had brought up the Book of Mormon earlier and so I started to bear my testimony with everything that I had inside of me and every fiber of my being and I started to kinda cry a little and I wasn’t even thinking about what I was saying in Spanish and I don’t think it mattered if it was correct of not. But the spirit was so strong and he then after I finished he asked me if I was mad and I think he took my passion and pure joy I was feeling and thought it was anger. But as I was bearing my testimony to him and talking about Joseph Smith I truly know with everything in my soul that he was a prophet of God and before that point I always knew it but with not much of a conviction. That night I could feel the truth running through my whole body. I know this gospel is true and I love sharing this gospel of truth with everyone that will listen and even though that man didn’t want to accept it and choose not to ask God if what we were telling him was true then that is his choice and he can take that one up with God.


So yeah kinda intense but people here just don’t fully understand that they need to ask God and it´s hard and that people aren’t progressing like they should. These past 6 weeks my comp and I have been working our butts off and haven’t seen much success. But I know that the Lord with bless us for our hard work. But I have been here for almost 4 months and only seen one baptism and that girl doesn’t come to church much who we did baptize, so it’s been hard but I know there is light around the tunnel, it’s just getting through the dark tunnel that is the hard part.

Well everybody I love you all so much and thanks for all the emails they were great. Thanks for all your prayers and concerns. Hope everyone has a great week.

Love Elder Nichols
Ps so we just met some people from Canada here that was cool and they spoke English.

No comments:

Post a Comment