Saturday, March 6, 2010

January 18, 2010

Hi everyone, how’s life?
Well another week passed by and things just fly by here. This month is almost over and it feels like it just started. So I heard about the stuff in Haiti that happened and that’s just horrible. It´s really made people here in Dichato realize they aren’t as poor as they think. Because Dichato is a really poor town and everybody works.
So this past week I went on a mini combio and went to Tome the next city over it was fun. A doctor there who is way cool and is a member and who always makes the missionary’s food and has come over to our house and made food before he was looking at my feet because my ankle was bothering me and he said my toe nails were all messed up and so he clipped them, so now they will grow correctly because before they curled around the toe and now they are better. Also that same guy his name is Domingo bought some spray for our house that will kill all the flees forever so I won’t have any more problems with that and I know it sounds really funny to have flees but it´s no joke they itch just ask Darren.
Domingo came over on Saturday and made my comp and I pizza it was SO GOOD. He triple layered it, it was way good. Um let’s see what else happened here well not much. Oh I remember my comp and I got taught how to make sopipia. It´s this fried bread it so good; I can’t wait to make it for all of you when I get back you will love it.

So having to do with missionary work for the week it seemed like everything we planned fell through but we were knocking doors on Monday I think it was, and this lady opened the door and the woman was listing to us for a minute and then she said I have my religion, and I was already baptized. So then we asked her in what church and she said catholic and then we started to talk with her about how Jesus Christ was baptized and we had a picture of it and we asked her if she thought it would be important to follow his example and get baptized by immersion and with the correct authority. She said yeah and we asked her when you’re a baby do you understand sin and do you understand the promises you are making with God? She said no and then we said well do you think your baptism was valid? She said no, but then she says I have my religion. And then somehow we got to the apostasy and talked about that and how we have a prophet on the earth today and to lead and guide us. It was cool though because this whole conversation was very calm and chill and I was saying things that I had never really said before, as in, thoughts that were coming into my head with things to say. This woman understood everything perfectly what we were saying. I bore my testimony to her about prayer and how she can know for herself if it´s true. The spirit was so strong and we were teaching with so much authority it was cool. I asked her if she knew with all her heart that and she prayed and asked God if her church was true and if it was the same church that Jesus Christ established on the earth when he was here. And she said again I have my religion.
Then my comp said if you know that you’re denying two servants of God and Christ's church with 12 apostles and a prophet and if you know that, we will leave and she said yes. So we left but that truly hurt so badly and it was a real testimony of agency and how sometimes in life you do all that you can do and in the end it´s up to the person to make the choice for themselves. In this case even though they may had felt the Holy Ghost testify to them the truth they still rejected it. But my comp said that my Spanish was way good there and I was conjugating verbs and it was good.
Also I gave a another talk in church this past Sunday and that was fun well not so much, but the worst part was when I was reading my scriptures I had but other than that it was good. Well family and whoever else I gotta go but I hope all is well with everyone and hope to hear from you, take care.
Love Elder Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment