Monday, March 29, 2010

March 15, 2010

Hola todos
Wow what a week it´s been. We have been doing a lot. First on monday we went and started to clean the church from about 11 until 7 pm and took out the carpet and tons of people were there from other parts of Chile helping to get the chapel ready for sunday. People were working on it all week. On wednesday we were there and cleaning and then some guy ran in and said tsunami alert and at the time I was outside cleaning stuff so my comp and I walked in and got our backpacks because everything we own is in there and some guy was yelling at us and said hurry this is no joke, but we had plenty of time because we went up on this high road and waited there for 2 hours just waiting and nothing happened. There was an after shock in Valporazio or somewhere but ya nothing happened in Dichato. So anyways we got to make some visits and I gave my first blessing in spanish this past week and I was so scared but it worked out pretty good so I was grateful for that. I just wanna say how Much I love teaching people and bearing my testimony and feeling the spirit and having the spirit teach. So my comp and I did splits with the missionaries were living with the other night and went into this persons house and this lesson was really weird, but really good, and some how it got onto the Book of Mormon because my comp shared a scripture from it and my then the questions came. My comp tried talking about all the ancient facts of the Book of Mormon and how people lived here in the Americas and such. And he really wasn't taking the bate. So I stepped in and basically just told him How I knew it was true how I prayed and asked God and how God CAN'T lie and I asked him if he would ask in a prayer if it is true and he said he would. I don't know if he did But I know he felt something as we were there.
So as for Dichato tons of people are living there in tents and it´s really sad but in a way the people of Dichato really needed to be humbled. I know that this earthquake happened for the benefit because God does nothing that does not benefit his children. So the chapel was ready for this past sunday and we had a special guest and Elder Amaddo came he is the president in the area presidency of Chile. This past week we were inviting everybody to church and went around to all the members and asked them what there needs were. But usually in church we have around 16 or 20 every sunday and for 3 sundays we had 8 but this sunday we had 45 people at church. It was AMAZING and I really hope that everyone keeps coming. I really hope that the people will be more receptive now and people will want to come unto Christ and follow his example in the correct form. I am grateful for everyone and your prayers hope all is well take care.
Love Elder Nichols









No comments:

Post a Comment