Monday, March 29, 2010

Great Week-March 29, 2010

So this week we did so much service it was great and there were tons of missionary's. We went into some houses that were destroyed and took out everything and it was crazy and really sad at the same time. I just want to say that I love being a missionary and letting people know they can change and that through Jesus Christ anything is possible. There is this lady who hasn't come to church in a long time and so right after the earth quake she was on her way to church the first Sunday we were holding meetings and as she was on her way down she was stopped by someone who told her her son just killed himself. So we visited her that week and we have started to teach her husband he has a date to get baptized on the 25 but this past week we were coming down from their house and it was really dark and we heard this voice say, Mormons Mormons and so we went over there slowly. It was The older brother who is 23 of the guy who killed himself. He is not a member but he asked us why would someone kill them self. And I had no idea how to respond. We told him we cant always understand everything but we know God loves you. Long story short he told us he wanted to change and be better but he has done a lot of bad stuff and that you can through Jesus Christ and that you can see your brother again. I told him about my parents and how that has been hard for me. The spirit was pretty strong even though he was drinking a little, he was crying. My heart went out to him and it made me hurt inside. But we went back the next day and taught him and it was so awesome and I know once he prays and asks God some things he will be truly converted.


Well We had 41 People at church this past week and I was SO STOKED it was great. We have found some great people and if everybody could pray for victor and margarita they are the golden family. Also my comp and I got to go to the mall here and buy some new clothes and wow let me tell you it was so weird we felt so out of place but it was good to buy some new things. The best part is that we bought MCDONALD'S it was AMAZING no other words to describe it. Things are going good here not much else to say but the pics I sent are from Dichato and the people are members that we had some kits that we were sending around. There is this guy with this sweet moustache. Well I gotta Go but if anyone has any questions just ask. Next week I will try and send some pics of the camps that people are living in so you all can get an image of what people are living in. It is really sad and it´s hard to see.


Love Elder Nichols




No comments:

Post a Comment