Monday, August 23, 2010

July, 26, 2010

¿Hola como esta todos?

So spring is just around the corner here and I am excited!!!!!! I mean the days are getting a little nicer but at night it´s still really cold but it´s all good. The houses here are like refrigerators. It´s colder inside the house sometimes than outside. But I am doing good because I am staying in my sector so I am happy about that because we are teaching some really good people.

So this past week I went to an appointment with the new missionary who has like a month in the mission to an investigators house. Going into the lesson I didn´t have a clue what to teach I really didn't. This girl who is 16 has a problem with tea and her mom as well and the mom doesn't think she can stop drinking tea and the daughter has come to church twice but is struggling with tea also but doing better than her mom. We first went over 2 nephi 31 a little bit to review to see if she read it and she did. So I had a scripture in mind but then my comp said hey lets share 1 nephi 3. That was really interesting because I was thinking earlier in the week how could I help her and I had thought that but had forgotten about it. So we shared about when Nephi had to go get the plates and how it was something hard but it was a commandment and the Lord would provide a way. As I was teaching this it was amazing but I was just speaking and really was not thinking about what I was saying, the words were just coming with the spirit. And thoughts were just coming into my mind and ways to explain it to them. I realized how important the spirit is and how it´s everything in this work and without it our words are just words. I don't know it they understood everything I was saying but I know that the spirit was testifying to them that this was true and that they can stop drinking tea.

Anything is possible, anything with the Lords help and if it is his will and we can change things in our lives if we are not happy. There are things that I am trying to change about myself and it is really hard but I know that in time I will be able to win in the end. We need to have the long term perspective and look in the end and see what is it that we want. Do we want eternal life with our families and live with our Father in heaven and Jesus Christ? If yes, than we just might have to sacrifice a few things in this life. Do some things that we don't want to do,go up some steep hills,go the extra mile get close to the edge of the cliff . We have to do these things in life because if we want eternal life then we must remember that NOTHING IN THIS LIFE THAT WAS WORTH DOING WAS EASY.

Love Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment