Monday, August 23, 2010

June 7, 2010

Test of Faith

Hola todos,

Wow this week flew by, crazy how time flies when your having fun. So the weather here has gotten pretty cold and it rains like once every week which isn't to bad but it will rain a lot more in the coming months. It´s so cold in the morning I don't want to get out of bed and do my exercises but the food here is so unhealthy they use so much oil it´s crazy so I have been getting better with my exercises. Speaking of food I ate boiled chicken the other day and people need to know that chicken should not be boiled ever its not good. O well it´s not the end of the world but some people think it will be in 2012 which is really funny when people ask us if the world is going to end and sometimes we say yes just to be funny, but we all know I hope that the world is not going to end.

I am doing good, feeling good, just trying to find the prepared people here. But some days it is harder than others and some days the Lord wants to test our faith and see really how bad we want it. So my comp is district leader and he went to another sector to do an interview for the day on Friday so I was with an elder from Peru again and we had a pretty full day planned and had some really good appt. set so I was excited. So we set off for our first at 330 and nobody was there so we went and did contacts on our way to the second appt and we got into this old guys house but we didn't technically get into his house because he pulled out two chairs from inside and said he wanted to look at the girls as they passed by, so that was pretty funny. After that we went to our next appt and she wasn't there so we did contacts and just taught people in their door ways like two people but none of them seemed that interested. So at this time it was about 6:30 and we went to where our next appt was, in the area and did contacts and talked to a lady in her door way whose husband abuses her and that was really sad. Then we went to this appt we had and it was this family that we had taught once and they couldn't, and after that I wanted to cry. It was about 8:00 pm and at that time we were 45 min away from our next appt if we were to walk so we took a taxi and this appt never fails so I was excited. We had a member with us so i was excited about that but we went to the house and their daughter was sick. So we had a back up plan and that failed and I was pretty tired it was about 9:20 at that point. We kept contacting houses nobody answered. My comp and the member stopped and thought who they could visit and I just kept walking and I saw this lady sitting on the side of her house smoking a cigarette. So I went over and started taking to her and she told us she was just thinking about her life and needed some strength and told us she had been praying. We taught her lesson 3 about baptism and she was golden and I know that God was testing my faith. We have an appt with her tonight so am way excited about that. Well i gotta go but Hope all is well with everyone.

Love Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment