Monday, August 23, 2010

June 21, 2010






Hola VIVE CHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So right now I am at an Internet cafe in center part of my area and Chile just won and beat the Swiss. Everybody exploded and there are sirens and horns and people flooded the streets and yelling for joy and everybody is just so happy it´s great. I am scared to know what it will be like if they lose. But I took some pictures so you can all see what I am talking about. But this week was great I got my new comp and he is really cool he is from Utah, but has lived in other parts of the states. His name is elder Garey and we teach really well together. I was really scared for this week because I would have to lead the sector because my new comp didn't know the area or anybody but it actually worked out pretty good.

It rained almost everyday this week and it rained hard. It rains sideways here it´s really weird and thanks to the rain I got a nice little cold but it´s all good. But knocking doors in the rain really really sucks I'm just being honest. We found some really good people this week and I was really happy about that. We are teaching some good people and really trying to help this guy in his 20´s stop smoking and move out of his girl friends house so he can get baptized. But we found 7 new investigators which was really cool. The other elder from Columbia is training a greenie so it´s really fun to have him in the house and to teach him some stuff. But we went out on splits the other night for about an hour and we got into a house and I had to teach the whole lesson and that was my first time I had ever done that before. I understood mostly everything she said but it was still hard but the new elder bore his testimony with so much power and spirit it was awesome. Then we went out another day and got into another house of this 16 year old kid and taught him, it was pouring rain at the time so I was grateful that we got in.

Last night we taught one of our investigators who is really searching for an answer he is doing everything in his power to get an answer. He is reading the book of Mormon and praying and going to church. He doesn't have much of a personality so it´s kinda hard to teach him because he is very serious like all the time. But we are doing our best and I am asking you to pray for him if you could because he is a good guy he just needs some prayers.

Well I don't know what more to say but I know that Jesus is our savior and that Joseph Smith really did see God the father and Jesus Christ and that Christ restored his church on the earth again so we can live in happiness and no confusion. I miss you all and take care.

Love Elder Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment